About Janet Caldwell
Janet has over 30 years of Accounting and finance experience in food, technology and durable goods manufacturing and distribution in both public and private equity owned companies. She has a rich history in delivering increased shareholder value through financial discipline, strategic technology implementation, and sound business planning. She draws on cross-industry experience, sustainable strategies, thorough financial analysis, and process improvements to drive results and has demonstrated success in developing high performing teams, addressing underperforming businesses, M&A transactions as well as driving top- and bottom-line growth.
Janet’s experience as a CFO extends to virtually every aspect of a business’s financial and operating needs. In addition to building, rebuilding and managing financial teams, she has also had direct management responsibility for HR, IT, Credit & Collections, Risk Management, Operations, Contracts, and Customer Service.
For the last 15 years, Janet has served as CFO in three private equity portfolio companies, including Popchips, but the most notable in tenure being Kronos Foods Inc., where she also served as COO for 2 years. During that time she spearheaded the integration of multiple add- on acquisitions, negotiated numerous credit agreements, improved cash flow using strategic AR, AP and inventory policies, relocated and consolidated multiple manufacturing facilities and built scalable infrastructure to accommodate growth. She also transformed the finance department at a company that transitioned from founding family to private equity ownership, where she developed robust accounting, forecasting and reporting processes needed for both the lenders and investors.
Prior to joining Popchips, Janet held finance positions of increasing responsibility, Including CFO with a number of manufacturing companies, including Filtec, Kronos Foods, 3Com, US Robotics, Motorola Microwave/California Microwave, Intermet Corporation, John Crane and Brach Candy Inc.
Janet’s core competencies that will drive results to the bottom line include:
- Timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis, and presentation
- Strategic business planning, budgeting, cash forecasting, and modeling financial projections
- Financial Performance Management including developing Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) dashboards
- M&A, sell and acquisition due diligence, private equity transactions,
- Manufacturing Accounting (overhead rate development, inventory accounting)
- Profitability analysis – Product costing, pricing, customer and channel profitability
- Operational evaluation and process improvements in end to end supply chain
- Working capital management (inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable)
- Technology -ERP/Accounting Systems review, selection and implementation as well as optimize existing
- Managing relationships with banks, CPA’s, insurance providers and attorneys
Janet earned the equivalent of a Business Administration degree from CIMA through Wigan College UK and she has an MBA from DePaul University with a concentration in Operations Management. She holds the CMA Certification from CIMA in the UK and the CGMA designation from AICPA and CIMA. She has served on the boards of Kronos Foods Inc. and The Workers Compensation Trust of Illinois (WCTI) and is a member of the Women’s Foodservice Forum, the National Association of Professional Women and the National Association of Women Business Owners.
Janet was a long time resident of Chicago, but now calls Santa Monica, CA home and enjoys spending her free time outdoors, reading and with family.
- DePaul University
- Wigan College, UK
Certificates & Licenses:
- CMA certificate- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK (CIMA)
- CGMA designation – Chartered Global Management Accountant (AICPA and CIMA)
- Member of Women’s Foodservice Forum
- Member of the National Association of Professional Women.
- Member National Association of Women Business Owners