Paul J. Notaras
About Paul J. Notaras
Paul works closely with CEO’s, Business Owners and other stakeholders on strategic, performance, financial and other issues. Paul synthesizes complex matters to develop and implement the most valuable solutions for that issue and Client.
Paul ensures his Clients have a solid plan for achievement. His deep experience as a lender, corporate Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer, equity investor and company founder gives Paul a unique ability to (i) identify the most likely stakeholders to help the company meet its goals (ii) anticipate questions or concerns those stakeholders may raise and (iii) the process and time expected for such initiatives.
Paul has worked on a wide scope of issues in Finance, Corporate Strategy, Business Development, Sales & Marketing, IT, Human Resources, Legal and Operations. He has also worked extensively on international and cross border issues. Paul has done significant work in change management, having developed, negotiated and implemented major outsourcing and restructuring initiatives.
Paul has worked with companies of all sizes and across many different industries. He has demonstrated the ability to communicate and work effectively with cross functional teams both inside and outside the organization.
Paul assists Clients with the following high value issues:
- Key Performance Indicators: Relevant Metrics with accurate data to understand performance trends.
- Fundraising: Adequate capital resources to support planned growth and development.
- Corporate Strategy: Develop, refine & engage agreed priorities.
- Change Management: Determine and implement more effective ways to meet high value objectives internally and through Channel Partners/Vendors.
Paul assists Clients in these and other specific matters:
- Strategic planning
- Business Expansion/Integration
- Exit Strategies
- Financial & Operational Due Diligence
- Financial Models: Forecasts of returns and capital requirements.
- Capital Budgeting
- Changes in Pricing/Performance Compensation
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Change Management
- Vendor Management (investors, banks, lenders, service provides)
- Business Process Improvement
- Operational Reviews
- Suitable & Timely financial reporting
- Risk Management
- Financial aspects of Legal/Contract issues
Paul has more than 20 years of diversified business experience as a senior financial and business executive. He began his career as a commercial lender. After several years Paul moved to his Client, Merrill Lynch to manage its global creditor relations, serve as its Treasurer for non USD funding and as Chief Financial Officer for Merrill Lynch’s global private equity business. After Merrill Lynch, Paul ran the North American business of a business process outsourcing firm. After several years, Paul moved to southern California as the Chief Financial Officer for Rustic Canyon, the largest venture capital firm in the region. In 2009, Paul started his own company dedicated to the financial wellness of consumers, which he subsequently sold.
Paul earned his A.B. degree in Economics from Boston College and an MBA in Finance and International Business from New York University. He serves in Board level and Financial oversight roles for not for profit organizations in his community. Paul and his wife have two children and live in Pacific Palisades, California. He enjoys road cycling (nine century rides to date) and hiking (Grand Canyon Rim to Rim).
- Boston College, AB
- New York University, MBA
- Chief Financial Officer Network
- Fintech Partnerships
- Southern California Venture Community
- Startup America Partnership Group
- PE Hub Network